The Centenary Hall in Hamilton Street, Tillicoultry is situated in a conservation area of Tillicoultry.
In the early 1860’s Mr Robert Archibald who with his brother built the Devonvale Hall bought the land on which the Hall stands. The disponement states that any building erected on the land would be a house or a building for religious worship.
The building was completed in 1864.
It has been used as a gospel hall by the Christian Brethren who subsequently went to Gibson’s Mill in Devonside. This is now a small park. The church relocated to Bank Street, Tillicoultry in 1992 and is now known as Hillfoot Evangelical Church.
As far as can be established the Hall was also used by the Baptist church for services until the current Baptist Church adjacent to Murray Square was built as it included a baptismal font for full immersion.
In 1896 the Hall ownership was transferred to James Porteous, the commanding officer of the 7th Volunteer Battalion of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders and was used as a drill hall.
Under the Territorial Army Act of 1907 all volunteer battalions were required to become Territorial Army battalions. In 1908 the 7th Voluntary Battalion became a battalion of the Territorial Army but continued to use the Hall as a drill hall.
In 1933 the Hall passed to the British Legion who used it for meetings until 1970. During this time a toilet block was added and a boilerhouse was built to house a central heating system.
In 1970 the British Legion sold the Hall to Tillicoultry Burgh Council who used it as a community Hall. With local government reorganisation in 1974 ownership of the Hall passed to Clackmannan District Council.
Clackmannan District Council closed the Hall in 1996. After several public meetings and protracted negotiations with the Council, Tillicoultry Centenary Hall Company Ltd was formed to run the Hall so it could continue to be used as a community facility.
In 2016 new double glazed windows were installed.
In 2017 with the help of public donations and a large donation from the Tilly Ladies a new central heating system was installed.
In 2018 the interior of the hall was painted by volunteers and the community service team. New blinds were purchased as well as new mats and a ramp for mobility scooters